We, at Rachel Fitness, respect your privacy and take great care in safeguarding and protecting Personal Information (as defined below) that is provided us in the course of our operations, including the operation of the following websites (together the “Websites” and each, a “Website”): (i)https://rachelfitness.com.
The purpose of this privacy statement (“Privacy Statement”) is to inform you about Rachel Fitness’s (together with our affiliates and subsidiaries, collectively, “us” or “we”) information practices, including:
- the types of Personal Information we collect, use and disclose;
- how we collect, use and disclose Personal Information;
- the choices you have regarding such collection, use and disclosure; and
- how you may correct your Personal Information that is in our possession/custody.
This Privacy Statement and our Terms and Conditions are available on the Websites and on request by contacting the Privacy Officer via the contact information set out below under the heading “Contacting Us”. As this Privacy Statement may be amended from time-to-time, you should check the Websites or contact us for an updated version of this document, on a regular basis. The date on which this Privacy Statement was last amended is located in the top, right-hand corner of this page.
What is personal information?
Personal Information is any information that refers to an identifiable individual, regardless of the form of such information, including, for example, an individual’s:
- date of birth,
- contact information, such as email address, mailing address and telephone number (but not contact information for individuals in their business capacity - e.g. your work email);
- health-related information (e.g. current and previous health conditions); and
- financial information (e.g. credit card number),
- (collectively, “Personal Information”)
You may provide us with Personal Information about:
- a family member (e.g. such as in the course of booking an appointment for your child who is a minor); or
- a friend (such as in the course of booking an appointment for a friend).
Collection of personal information
We will always collect Personal Information by fair and lawful means. We collect Personal Information from you directly or from a third-party where permitted by applicable law (i.e. where we have obtained or that third-party has obtained your consent to do so). Generally, however, we collect Personal Information from you directly, on a voluntary basis, through your use of a Website or your receipt of services at one of our locations. For example:
- if you wish to sign-up to receive newsletters or emails through the Websites, you will be required to provide us with your name and email address; or
- The Websites must only be used by individuals who are able to provide meaningful consent. In the event that an individual who is under the age of 13 wishes to use a Website, the consent of such individual’s parent or guardian is required.
Purpose of collection
Generally, we identify the purposes for which we use Personal Information at the time we collect it and obtain your consent, in any case, prior to using or disclosing such information. We generally use Personal Information for the following purposes (collectively, the “Purposes”):
- to register or administer your account and/or customer profile (online and in-store);
- to respond to your requests, complaints and/or inquiries;
- to process your orders, keep track of your purchases, shopping patterns, account activity and payment history;
- to provide you with information about our products and/or services;
- to notify you about our offers, promotions and/or contests;
- to administer specific functions of the Websites;
- to help us improve the Websites and our service-delivery (online and in-store);
- for research purposes, provided that Personal Information will be aggregated and de-identified (i.e. such that the information is no longer “Personal Information” as it does not identify the individual to whom it relates) prior to the results of any such research being disclosed;
- for such other purposes for which we obtain consent from time-to-time; and
- as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Consent for collection, use and disclosure
We generally obtain your consent prior to collecting, and in any case, prior to using or d